With the development of China’s economy, automobile, energy, ship, aviation, railway and other fields which are closely related to the demand of machine tools will be adjusted and upgraded in a large scale and in depth. More efficient and precise machine tools are needed, and medium and high-grade CNC machine tools will become the mainstream of the market.
(1) The demand for machine tools in the automobile industry. In 2009, the production and sales of automobiles exceeded 13 million. In the first half of 2010, the output of automobiles was 8.9273 million, with a year-on-year growth of 48.84%. The sales volume was 9.0161 million, with a year-on-year growth of 47.67%. According to the adjustment and revitalization plan of automobile industry, the market of machine tools was estimated to be 35 billion yuan / year. The automobile industry is the main body of machine tool consumption. Many types of machine tool products are required for the processing of automobile parts such as engine, transmission, steering system, braking system, transmission system, suspension system, etc.
(2) The demand of power industry for machine tools. At present, China’s installed power generation capacity is 800 million KW, ranking the second in the world. By the end of June 2010, 23 nuclear power units are under construction, accounting for 40% of the world’s 57 units under construction. It is estimated that by 2015, the total installed power generation capacity put into operation in China will reach 1.26 billion kw, ranking the first in the world. With the increase of investment in clean energy such as nuclear power and wind power, heavy vertical lathe, large floor milling and boring machine, super heavy gantry boring and milling machine, five axis linkage machine tool are used for the processing of large castings, annular bodies (such as turbine shell, large plane machining and semicircle machining), blades and roots, and various pump bodies and pump valves, CNC broaching machine and all kinds of high-grade vertical and horizontal machining centers have higher demand for quantity and quality.
(3) The demand for machine tools in the shipbuilding industry. From January to June 2010, China’s shipbuilding completion, newly received orders and hand-held orders accounted for 41.1%, 46.2% and 37.7% of the world market share, respectively, of which the shipbuilding completion increased by 86.7% year on year, and the newly received orders were four times of the same period in 2009. It is expected that the annual shipbuilding completion will reach 55 million dwt. This will increase the number of large and medium-sized, general-purpose CNC machine tools, and the demand for key marine parts, such as high-power medium and low-speed diesel engine casting crankshaft, large marine propeller and other processing machine tools.
(4) The demand for machine tools in the aviation industry. In 2009, AVIC’s operating revenue was 191 billion yuan, an increase of 14.4% year on year. In three to five years, 60 billion yuan will be invested in large-scale aircraft projects, and the related investment will reach 200 billion yuan in total, which is equivalent to the total investment of the Three Gorges Project. With the implementation of large-scale aircraft project, it is more difficult to process new materials. A large-scale aircraft is composed of 3-5 million parts. At present, the requirements for machine tools in the aviation industry almost cover all the requirements for machine tools, such as multi varieties, multi specifications, high precision, high rigidity, etc.
(5) The demand for machine tools in the railway industry. In the 11th five year plan, China’s railway operation mileage was 90000 km in 2010, and 80000 km in 2008. The latest investment plan of the Ministry of Railways is to invest 700 billion yuan in 2010, 92000 kilometers in that year, 750 billion yuan in 2011, 100000 kilometers in that year, 700 billion yuan in 2012 and 110000 kilometers in that year. The high-speed, speed-up, heavy load, high-power traction and electrification of the railway will require more all kinds of machine tools, especially special machine tools with characteristics and high efficiency.
(6) Demand for machine tools in other industries. With the deepening of China’s economic transformation and regulation policies, there is more demand for the number and variety of machine tools in various fields of textile, mining, engineering and agricultural machinery. There is an expanding demand for metal cutting machine tools and forming machine tools for processing parts in various fields.