Since the 21st century, solidification numerical simulation technology has been developing continuously, and it is in the stage of optimization design. The numerical analysis of flow field and temperature field in the process of filling and solidification of axle housing has been developed more mature, and the casting simulation analysis technology will be developed in the following directions:
(1) Microstructure simulation. The previous numerical simulation analysis focused on grasping the profound changes of metal in the solidification process from the macroscopic aspect. At present, research institutes such as Kunming Institute of technology and FAW casting have focused on the microstructure of the axle housing. The main research methods include phase field method, Monte Carlo method and automatic cellular machine method, and the combination of level set technology and phase field method is used for microstructure observation. However, it is still in the exploration stage, and the simulation of too small units can not be accurately divided.
(2) Thixotropic casting simulation. Thixotropic casting is the key development direction of modern casting industry. Semi solid metal is injected into the mold to improve the shear rate, reduce the metal viscosity and improve the fluidity. The power cut off model is used to analyze and calculate, which is a new hot spot in the current development.
(3) Artificial intelligence system. The production structure is used to find the answer to the problem, which mainly includes knowledge database of rules and facts, control strategy inference engine system, knowledge acquisition module and man-machine window, including numerical analysis, quality analysis and even learning function. The system can comprehensively analyze the defects existing in theand put forward corresponding solutions, and improve the production Product quality.
(4) Simulation of metallic inclusions. According to the relevant theory of metallurgy, the introduction of primary inclusions and the formation of secondary oxidation inclusions in the smelting process were simulated and analyzed.
(5) Research on complex multiphase flow. Specifically speaking, liquid metal is liquid phase; entrainment and precipitation gas are gas phase; oxidized inclusion and washed away sand particles are solid phase. Therefore, in theory, in order to accurately simulate the filling process of casting, it is necessary to study and fully synthesize the multiphase flow, such as inclusion, blanking, cavity and so on.