There are many advantages as a result of the technology Foam Lost, not to mention just a few:
– Energy savings,
– Automatisation and mechanization of the process,
– Castings made from a large variety of materials, such as alloys of ferrous metals, alloys based on aluminum and magnesium alloy ferrous,
– Manufacture of potential near-net-shape, elements intricate, requiring almost no machining, which greatly reduces the cost of operations nishing fi,
– Period short needed for the manufacture of large parts in the production piece,
– No cores necessary
– Manufacture potential castings thin-walled (wall thickness ≤ 3 mm),
– The weight of castings made this technology a reduction of 15 to 25%,
– Parts produced as far as possible features now separate as one integral whole,
– The design characterized castings and confidentiality guration impossible to reproduce faithfully with other methods now produced with sufficient accuracy,
– Reduced level of rejects.
According to calculations made by the US Department Offi ce of Energy on the competence Energy CT-fi & Renewable Energy, should invest in research and use of next processes energy efficient effective to bring us one single decade of energy savings of as much as 10.84 BTU trillions. As forecast by the US Department of Energy Officer ce Energy effective ciency and Renewable Energy, to develop modern methods of measurement and in-process monitoring of mold and pattern properties before and during operation of the mold pouring into the stock lost foam should give the energy savings of 0274 BTU trillions by 2008, of 2.74 BTU trillions by 2018, and of 4.94 trillions BTU by year 2028. The US Department considered same in 1988 in the USA the value of production solutions at the Foam Process had lost $ 5 million, going up to $ 800 million in 2002, and with a tendency towards further increase. When projections, between small and medium size, are made by thefrom nonferrous and ferrous metal alloy in a weight range of up to 3,9 kg for example, enable the automotive industry, mechanized application layers Ceramic reducing cost as much as 70% on the cost of the initial machine.