Wafer type butterfly valve is one of the most common valve types in industrial pipeline. The wafer type butterfly valve has a relatively small structure. It only needs to put the butterfly valve in the middle of the flanges at both ends of the pipeline, and use the stud bolt to pass through the pipeline flange and lock the wafer type butterfly valve to control the fluid medium in the pipeline. The wafer type butterfly valve is especially suitable for places with narrow space or short distance between pipes. When the butterfly valve is in the fully open position, the thickness of the butterfly plate is the only resistance when the medium flows through the valve body. Therefore, the pressure drop generated by the valve is very small, so it has better flow control characteristics.
- Before installation and operation, clean the external objects on the piping with air spray, and clean the internal surface of the piping with clean water.
- Carefully check whether the service condition of the valve is consistent with its performance specification; (temperature, pressure)
- Check whether there are sundries on the valve channel and sealing surface, and remove them in time;
- After unpacking, the valve shall be installed in time. Do not loosen any fastening screws or nuts on the valve at will;
- The wafer type butterfly valve must use the special butterfly valve flange.
- The electric butterfly valve can be installed on any angle of pipeline. For the convenience of maintenance, it is recommended not to install it upside down.
- During the installation of butterfly valve flange plate, the flange surface and sealing rubber must be aligned, the screws shall be tightened evenly, and the sealing surface must be fitted completely; if the screw tightening force is uneven, the rubber bulge will appear to block the butterfly plate, or the butterfly plate will be countered to cause leakage at the valve rod.