Cast iron smelters must be selected according to process and production management requirements.In summary, these requirements are as follows:
1) Melt and superheat the molten iron to the required temperature according to the process requirements (e.g. outlet temperature < 1500 C).In addition to guaranteeing adequate pouring temperature, high temperature iron liquid can also improve the purity of iron liquid, eliminate the heredity of iron liquid caused by raw materials, improve the graphite shape, and be easy to use “base iron” in production to meet the requirements of different chemical compositions for castings with different structures.
2) To ensure the stability and consistency of casting properties, molten iron with stable composition and composition is melted to meet the requirements of casting material properties.For example, the fluctuation value of CE and C content (mass fraction) of gray cast iron molten iron should be controlled within 0.05%.
3) High purity of molten iron.In the production of ductile iron castings, the wS of raw iron is less than 0.02%; the oxygen content of molten iron is low (iron oxide content in cupola slag < 2.0%); the gas content, impurities and trace elements content of molten iron are low, which is particularly important for the production of ductile iron castings with stable quality.
4) Minimize energy consumption.
5) Strictly control the emission of pollutants and noise to achieve standard production.
6) To meet the production requirements, i.e. to organize production according to the requirements of production batches and varieties of castings.
7) Low running cost.
8) Small one-time investment.