The opening and closing part of theis a ball with a circular channel, which rotates around the axis perpendicular to the channel, and the ball rotates with the valve rod to achieve the purpose of opening and closing the channel. The ball valve can be closed tightly only with 90 degree rotation operation and small rotation torque. According to the working conditions, different driving devices can be assembled to form ball valves with different control methods, such as electric ball valves, pneumatic ball valves, hydraulic ball valves, etc.
Working principle of ball valve:
When the ball valve rotates 90 degrees, the inlet and outlet shall be spherical, so as to close the valve and cut off the flow of medium.
When the ball valve rotates 90 degrees, the inlet and outlet shall all present ball ports, so as to open the flow, and there is basically no flow resistance.
Ball valve structure principle:
- The ball valve is not limited by the installation direction, and the flow direction of medium can be arbitrary. The flow resistance is small, and the ball valve with full bore basically has no flow resistance.
- The ball valve has simple structure, small relative volume, light weight and easy maintenance.
- Tight and reliable. It has two sealing surfaces. At present, all kinds of plastics are widely used in the sealing surface materials of ball valves. It has good sealing performance and can achieve complete sealing. It is also widely used in vacuum system.
- The ball valve is suitable for frequent operation, with quick and light opening and closing. It is easy to operate and fast to open and close. It only needs to rotate 90 ° from full open to full close, which is convenient for remote control.
- The maintenance is convenient, the ball valve structure is simple, the sealing ring is generally movable, and the disassembly and replacement are relatively convenient.
- The ball valve has good sealing performance. When the valve is fully open or closed, the sealing surface of the ball and the valve seat is isolated from the medium. When the medium passes through, the valve sealing surface will not be eroded.
- It has a wide range of applications, ranging from small diameter to several millimeters and large diameter to several meters, from high vacuum to high pressure.
- The ball valve can be used in the medium with suspended solid particles due to its wiping property in the process of opening and closing.
- The ball valve has small fluid resistance, no vibration and low noise.