1 Advantages of
(1) In the, there is no need to lower the core, and the white mold solid forming is suitable for the casting with complex cavity structure and the traditional casting is difficult to complete the box type or thin-walled closed type casting.
(2) product type or material can be diversified, production line can be used, cast iron,, cast steel and other parts can be produced on the same day line.
(3) Due to the nature of the process, the cleaning time can be reduced by more than 60%.
(4) lost foam casting is especially suitable for large quantities of complex auto parts. The whole line can realize the whole mechanized operation and effectively reduce the cost.
(5) After process control, the yield is high.
(6) Integration of complex thin-walled parts, product weight reduction is obvious.
2 Advantages of
(1) The product has wide adaptability.
(2) The refractoriness of sand mold is higher than that of metal mold, so this process is often used for high melting point materials such as various alloys.
(3) The dimensional accuracy of the product is high. In particular, assembly dimensions and machining positioning points.
3 Disadvantages of lost foam casting
(1) High requirements for core equipment.
(2) There are many production processes and long delivery time.
(3) It is difficult to control each process.
(4) The quality of raw materials is not stable, and there are few experienced equipment or inspection methods for foundry materials.
(5) Different products and materials need to consider different shrinkage, which will affect the size of the white mold.
4 Disadvantages of sand casting
(1) The mold price is high, the loss is big, the maintenance expense is high, affects the product cost directly.
(2) Because of one mold for one piece, the mold must be reshaped after obtaining the casting, so the production efficiency of ordinary sand casting is low and the subsequent cleaning and grinding workload is large.
(3) There are many pores on the surface of sand casting products, and the surface is rough.
(4) In the process of casting, chemical materials are added continuously, so the pressure of environmental protection is great.
However, the EPC process still fully integrates the advantages of full mold and V-process, and is suitable for the production of large, medium and small castings of various grades, materials and structures, such as steel, iron, aluminum, etc.